It’s true. Spotify has changed things. It is now much, much easier to find new music to listen to, but it seems that fewer tracks make a lasting impression. My annual lists keep getting shorter.
Anyway, here are 3 albums that I liked in 2019. They are all kinda electronic ambient – type stuff, so…..
As always, your mileage may vary.
Links are mostly to the artist’s bandcamp.com page, which I think is the best way to support them if you find something you like.
Eskostatic — Serpentines and Valleys
Master Margherita — Border 50
loscil — Equivalents
Here are the tracks from 2019 that made me stop and take notice. In alpha-order.
- Hania Rani — Glass
- Kjetil Mulelid Trio — Homecoming
- Martin Nonstatic — Parallel Thoughts – Erot Remix
- Niklas Paschburg — Anew (Hiro Ama Remix)
- Poppy Ackroyd – Paper (Max Cooper Remix)
- Robot Koch — Black Hole Revisited
For anyone with a taste for history or the very bored: Here are the lists from 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012.