So here we are again: another year gone, another music list. Every year, I find that I have less and less to say about them. The truth is that I don’t really know much. For that, I blame Spotify. I no longer do much reading or research to find new music. Instead, Spotify’s “Release Radar” playlist finds the good stuff for me. Just trust me and click on all the links below to enjoy some great music.
Or you could let me know what made an impression on you last year.
Here are the three best albums from 2018, IMHO. FWIW, Stacatto Signals is AOTY.
Ben Chatwin — Stacatto Signals
Alva Noto — Uniqav
Floex & Tom Hodge — A Portrait of John Doe
Here are the tracks from 2018 that made me stop and take notice. In alpha-order.
- Carl Craig — At Les – Abul Mogard Remix
- Emptyset — Skin II
- Field Works — Formation 2, Revisited – Lusine Remix
- Hior Chronik — Corridor – Loscil Remix
- Jon Hopkins — Emerald Rush
- Ólafur Arnalds — re:member
- RÅÅ — Drömsekvens
- Rival Consoles — Persona
- Sebastian Plano — Purples